Careers Education Information:
Parents/Guardians can have a great deal of influence over their child’s career aspirations. Here are some ways that you can support them:
- Help your son/daughter to identify their interests and abilities.
- Encourage your son/daughter to discuss their career aspirations with you (Year 11 students are encouraged to share their career meeting action plan with their parents/guardians).
- Encourage them to make a back-up plan (in case they are unable to follow their chosen pathway).
- Attend Post 16 Open Days with your son/daughter to help them to find out as much as they can about their options.
- Support your son/daughter with transition events.
Careermap for parents, carers and guardians.