Rowhill School Careers Lead
Rowhill school’s vision for pupil’s aspirations
Rowhill school’s careers curriculum is developed around the core principles of pupil’s aspirations to be:
- Successful learners
- Confident individuals
- Responsible citizens
- Effective contributors
Rowhill school will achieve these aspirations by:
- Providing a differentiated curriculum incorporating vocational opportunities.
- Providing an appropriate environment with specialist support.
- Offering a variety of qualifications to meet learner’s academic ability.
- Enabling pupils to develop coping strategies, their social and communication skills and increase their independence.
- Support families and pupils with the transition process.
For more information please see our Ethos & Values page.
Working with others
The wider community - We believe that the school has a duty to share best practice and this will be done by:
- Working closely with our partner schools within the Kent SEN Cooperative Trust.
- Linking with local businesses and workplace settings.
- Linking with local colleges and other alternative post 16 placements.
- Working with the Careers & Enterprise Company to deliver our careers programme.
Pupils receive a comprehensive careers education programme:
- Rowhill school delivers 3 units through AQA to support the careers curriculum – Personal Action Planning – Making Informed Careers Choices – Applying For Jobs And Courses.
- Pupils receive independent careers advice.
- Pupils receive support with application and post 16 transition process.
- Pupils have access to careers and further education material.
- Rowhill school has worked with The Learning Shop at Bluewater to gain career opportunities.
- Rowhill school is working with the Careers & Enterprise company to offer learners opportunities to speak to employers.
- We work with staff and local community to have external speakers come to the school to talk to the pupils about the opportunities available to them beyond Rowhill.
- Pupils attend events outside of school to gain insight into the place of work i.e. Thames Water, Charlton Athletic.
Impact: Our goal is for all pupils to gain their post 16 destinations to further develop themselves and support them with their career.
Labour Market Intelligence (LMI) Platform - Start – Careers Information for Kent (startprofile.com)